The Pro Tools HDX Core offers a Pro Tools HDX card with no software, great to expand an existing setup or step up a legacy system to the extra power of HDX.
- Unleash your creativity with up to 5x more power per card than Pro Tools HD Accel
- Mix bigger, better mixes faster with 256 tracks (up to 768) and double the I/O per card, plus 4x more ADC
- Get higher resolution sound and more headroom with the floating-point architecture
- Capture and reproduce audio with pristine clarity using Pro Tools HD Series interfaces
- Increase your power and track counts by simply adding additional cards
- Supports the AAX plug-in format for better workflows and sound parity with native systems
- HDX card only, no software included
When you're faced with dozens of audio sources, hundreds of tracks, and thousands of clips, only one system can give you the power to deliver. Pro Tools® HDX. Create bigger, better sounding mixes. Get up to 5x more power than previous generations. And tackle even the most massive music and post-production projects with the confidence that comes with guaranteed performance.
Mix Bigger, Better Projects
With Pro Tools HDX, you get up to 5x more power per card than Pro Tools HD Accel, so you can focus on your mix—not your mixer. Create bigger, more complex mixes with 4x more tracks (up to 768 voices with three cards). Double your ins and outs with up to 64 channels of I/O per card (up to 256 total). And handle large plug-in-heavy mixes easily with 4x more Automatic Delay Compensation.
Get More Headroom—Less Headaches
Pro Tools HDX uses floating-point calculations for plug-in processing and mixing, enabling you to achieve the best sound quality possible, with the least effort. Record and mix in higher resolution—up to 32-bit, 192 kHz audio—and significantly greater dynamic range. And let your mixes breathe with increased headroom, eliminating clipping and obsessive gain staging.
It's All About The Sound
There's a reason why more professionals trust the sound of Pro Tools than with any other DAW. Get the highest audio fidelity, greatest dynamic range, and pristine audio clarity when you pair Pro Tools HDX with any Pro Tools HD Series interface. Create richer sounding, more complex mixes with the high-performance Avid Audio Engine in Pro Tools. Mix with an extended selection of built-in metering standards. Plus, with over 60 high-quality virtual instruments and sound processing plug-ins included, you can create great-sounding mixes easily.
Pro Tools HDX Core Specifications
- Supported channels/tracks (per card, except where noted)
- Maximum audio tracks @ 48/96/192 kHz Single card: 256/128/64
- Maximum stereo audio tracks @ 48 / 96 / 192 kHz Single card: 128/64/32
- Simultaneous record tracks: 256
- Total instrument tracks: 512
- Total MIDI tracks: 512
- Total auxiliary tracks: 512
- Busses: Unlimited
- Maximum channels of I/O: 192 (hardware dependent)
- Host card: 1 (PCIe)
- DSP power: 18 x 350 MHz processors (T1)
- Mixer resolution: 64-bit floating point
- Processing resolution: 32-bit floating point
- ASIO/Core Audio streams: 64
- Automatic Delay Compensation (ADC): 16k @ 48 kHz
- Supported plug-in formats: AAX DSP, AAX Native, AudioSuite
- Surround mixer: Up to 7.1
Supported Avid Interfaces
- Pro Tools HD I/O
- Pro Tools HD OMNI
- Pro Tools HD MADI
- Pro Tools PRE™
- Pro Tools SYNC HD™
- Avid-qualified PCIe-equipped Mac or PC (for the latest HDX hardware and OS requirements, visit the avid website)