Expand your Pro Tools HD workflow to integrate with MADI-equipped devices—including routers and digital mixing consoles—with the all-digital HD MADI interface. The perfect solution for integrating Pro Tools HD into post-production and broadcast environments, HD MADI gives you great connection flexibility, fuss-free use through built-in sample rate conversion, and the ability to send and receive up to 64 channels of audio between your Pro Tools setup and MADI devices up to 2 km (1.24 miles) away—all with a single rack unit interface.
HD MADI Features
- Send and receive up to 64 audio streams between Pro Tools HD and other MADI devices
- Maintain maximum audio fidelity, with up to 24-bit, 192 kHz sample rate support
- Gain connection and routing flexibility through optical and coaxial connections:
- 2 MADI inputs (optical and coaxial)
- 2 MADI outputs (simultaneous optical and coaxial)
- Forget having to match sample rates, thanks to built-in SRC on all I/O channels
- Completely integrates with Pro Tools HD for full input, output, and routing control
- Sync to an external clock through dedicated BNC Word Clock and XLR AES/EBU connections when using SRC on output
- Keep things in sync with versatile Clock support, including Internal, Loop Sync, Word Clock, AES/EBU, and MADI
- Gain better device compatibility with 64-channel (non-Varispeed) and 56-channel (Varispeed) support (at 48 kHz)
- Integrate Pro Tools HD with MADI-equipped VENUE live sound systems for recording and Virtual Soundcheck
- Verify and troubleshoot signals through status indicators and global I/O signal LEDs
- Compact 1U rack-mountable design overcomes space limitations
- Connects to Pro Tools HD through two DigiLink Mini connections (32 audio channels each. Cables and adaptors included)
Open Up Your Workflow
MADI is an open protocol, and there are a wide variety of MADI-compatible devices available, including digital mixing consoles, mobile recording setups, and routers. With the HD MADI interface, you can easily add MADI devices directly to your recording setup, as well as integrate Pro Tools HD into broadcast and live sound environments. And because the interface supports both optical and coaxial connections, as well as 56- and 64-channel modes, you can connect to a wide variety of MADI devices from countless manufacturers—without additional format converters.
Forget about having to make sure your sample rates or the master clock match. HD MADI provides built-in sample rate conversion (SRC) on all inputs and outputs, so you can simply plug in and go—no converting sessions or down-sampling external MADI devices. And, because your audio output occurs simultaneously on both the coaxial and optical outputs, you can easily send audio to redundant systems without needing a splitter.
Work with Pro Tools and More
HD MADI and all other Pro Tools HD Series interfaces completely integrate with Pro Tools HD, so you get maximum performance, dependability, and complete control of your signal flow right from your Pro Tools software interface.